The NHS England and NHS Improvement FutureNHS Collaborative Platform provides a mechanism through which GIRFT data can be accessed securely by NHS trusts.
Other authorised organisations, with whom NHS trusts have agreed to share their GIRFT data, may also be able to access the GIRFT FutureNHS workspaces. This may include trust-led provider networks, ICS/STPs and NHS England and NHS Improvement regional and national teams and NHS partners including Health Education England, NHS Digital, NHS Resolution, NICE, Public Health England, NHS Blood and Transplant.
The GIRFT FutureNHS workspaces provide a secure platform for trusts to access their GIRFT related information for the purpose of service improvement within the NHS and for organisations that provide and support improvements to quality, efficiency and productivity of patients care in the NHS.
How to access GIRFT FutureNHS workspaces
Access to GIRFT FutureNHS is by invitation only and trusts may request up to ten users to have access to enable appropriate dissemination of data.
The Medical Director or a suitably senior nominated deputy (the ‘FutureNHS Accounts Manager’) for the trust must:
- Have oversight of access to GIRFT Outputs/Products and services on behalf of the Trust.
- Authorise requests for access to GIRFT FutureNHS on behalf of the Trust and request access for nominated users by sending their details (name, role, organisation and email address) to [email protected].
- Accessing GIRFT FutureNHS Collaboration Platform Workspaces and maintaining appropriate levels of security and IG compliance
- Accessing, handling and sharing different types of GIRFT Outputs/Products in line with the purposes of the GIRFT programme and its relevant IG Policies.
- GIRFT FutureNHS Collaboration Platform Workspaces – responsibilities of users
- GIRFT Outputs/Products
- Sharing GIRFT Outputs/Products Appropriately
- GIRFT FutureNHS Workspaces Privacy Notice
- Using Information derived from GIRFT Products
- Limitation of use and restrictions
- Warranties and liability
- GIRFT Data Access Request Process
- Continued access to GIRFT Outputs/Product and GIRFT FutureNHS
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Governing Law and Jurisdictions
- The use of Official Information
- Appendix 1 – GIRFT Data Access Request Form (Click here for Word format)
- Appendix 2 – Summary Flowchart
GIRFT Data products and outputs
Click + to expand for details.